The Pilates Mat Instructor program is an excellent choice if you do not have access to apparatus but still want a good education in Pilates. The mat repertoire includes exercises suitable for almost everyone at any age, and the market for your services as a Pilates Mat Instructor is vast. Pilates Mat work can be taught to individuals, to small groups, in-person and online – all you need is a mat and floor space.
Min 20 Pilates Mat classes (taken at Corpus Studios or another reputable studio)
The course is designed to learn to teach the exercises, not just about how to do the exercises.
The prerequisite classes are essential, to ensure:
In-person practical sessions and online theory sessions (or entirely online if location prevents in-person participation)
If followed online:
This course content is a mandatory starting point for all Corpus Instructor Training programs.
The course covers in detail the Pilates mat exercises appropriate to each level, and all the steps and protocols to safely instruct Pilates on the mat and become a successful coach.
This course incorporates two full syllabuses.
1. Foundational Pilates – the gateway to the Corpus Pilates world:
– Pilates history, principles, vocabulary and key concepts
– Skills for safe movement
– A composition of pre-Pilates exercises and traditional Pilates exercises
– Teaching skills
– A clear method for class design & programming
– Differences and similarities between teaching a collective group class and/or a private coaching
2. Beginner Pilates:
– Traditional Pilates mat repertoire at beginner level
– Breathing techniques
– Basic postural assessment techniques
– Exercise modifications for special needs
– Exercise variations to develop awareness or challenge (use of traditional accessories: Power Circle, hand weights, leg weights, and contemporary accessories: balls, rollers, elastics)
– A step-by-step method for client programming & coaching
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
Tuition & evaluation hours: 64 hours
The course is delivered over a period of 3 to 4 months
You will receive a Corpus Pilates Statement of Completion, approved by EuropeActive Europe’s Professional Standards Committee. Associated with EuropeActive is European Register of Exercise Professionals (EREP’s) and you will be eligible for registration with EREP’s – mandatory, at additional cost Subject to:
Course price (includes course manuals and access to training videos)
Total price: €1385
Non-refundable deposit to register: €300
Course balance: (payable by bank transfer, 2 weeks before course starts): €1085